Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th - 2 easy miles by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Friday the 13th - 2 easy miles by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

OK, for those of you keeping track, my bicycle inventory is back down to 4. It will likely stay at that number for a while. I am going to give the Green Machine a bath this weekend in preparation of putting it on the market. I also did put in a call today about a used Sun EZ Sport listed on our local Craigslist.

On to running, I finished out the week with a nice little 2 miler this evening after work. This run put me at 19.14 miles for the week in a little over 3 hours of running with a calorie burn of 1,721. My calorie burn numbers this week are suspect. The calorie burn is supposed to be based on heart rate, yet, on Wednesday I ran 2.03 miles in 19 and a half minutes with an average heart rate of 121 and calorie burn was reported to be 137. Tonight's run was 2.10 miles, almost a minute longer than Wednesday's run with an average heart rate of 146 and my calorie burn is reported to be 97. I know, it sounds like I'm whining. It probably has to do with the watch re-boot I did this week but I just don't remember what day that was. Maybe my personal tech adviser can help me with this.

So is anybody wondering why my average heart rate was 25 points higher for today's 2 miler than it was for Wednesday's? The only possible explanation I can come up with is that it was my 3rd running day in a row and I had a hard workout last night. Maybe I was a little tired and had to work harder. Don't know?

OK, tomorrow is a rest day and then on Sunday the start of week 14.:)

No comments: