Sunday, December 16, 2012

Day #25 - Mount Dora Half Marathon - 12-16-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Day #25 - Mount Dora Half Marathon - 12-16-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details
 

As the sun rose over the Mount Dora Lawn Bowling Club I gathered with approximately 1,100 other runners to run one of the events in the inaugural Mount Dora Marathon. My event was the half marathon and we got underway shortly after 7 AM.   

When I registered for this event I remembered that Mount Dora was a quaint little central Florida town known for antique stores. I did not remember that central Florida is not as flat as the coastal areas. Since our GPS had a little problem with some brand new roads around Orlando, we arrived in town on Saturday a little too late to really enjoy the antique shops. I did however get plenty of experience with the rolling hills around Lake Dora this morning. My hamstrings are now sore from pushing me up the hills.

All in all this was a pretty nice event.  Many people along the course had Christmas music playing for the runners and the views of Lake Dora were really nice. My goal for this event was to finish uninjured. It's a little early to tell but as of this time I think all is well. The finish line and celebration was in front of the Lakeside Inn. I had a couple bottles of water and then snapped a photo of the finisher below enjoying the finish  in his own special way.


No comments: