Friday, December 21, 2012

Holiday Running Streak Day #30 - Almost 5 miles - 12-21-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Holiday Running Streak Day #30 - Almost 5 miles - 12-21-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

After I exited our neighborhood today and headed west on Clark Road the hustle and bustle of the holidays was apparent. Traffic was heavy and it seemed that everyone was in a hurry to get somewhere. Probably the mall.

I headed north on Beneva to Proctor and then turned west. After a short run west on Proctor I found the little break in the fence I was looking for and turned into the north end of Red Bug Slough. Ah.... much better, no cars and trucks rushing by. Just the lake, some trees and a couple dog walkers.

I didn't know how far I was going to run when I headed out, I just knew I wanted to spend some of my time a little closer to nature.

Running for 30 days in a row with a half marathon and a couple long runs thrown in is quite a lot for me. I have to say I feel really good. I've read that some athletes feel they recover better on a vegan diet. I don't know if I am experiencing some of that due to my near vegan diet or not. I believe there are 11 more days in the Holiday Running Streak.

No comments: