Saturday, February 2, 2013

Punxsutawney Phil's 3.8 mile - 2-2-2013 - Details

Punxsutawney Phil's 3.8 mile - 2-2-2013 - Details

In an effort to find an early spring, Punxsutawney Phil and I emerged from our dwellings this morning in search of Phil's shadow. I covered over 3.8 miles in my search here in Sarasota and the result was the same as Phil's search in Gobbler's Knob, PA. No shadow to be found.

Perhaps the reason I did not see Phil's shadow was my pace of 9:06 per mile. One might think this pace a little quick for such an important search but since my average heart rate was only 118 BPM it seems almost leisurely. Still, I burned 340 calories in the effort.

So the result is a prediction of an early spring by both Phil and I. Hope it doesn't get to hot.:)

1 comment:

jel5010 said...

Nice run, AD! 118 BPM is amazing. That's like a walk in the park for a lot of people.