Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Old Sonny's Birthday Run - 5 Miles - 8-11-2015

Old Sonny's Birthday Run - 5 Miles - 8-11-2015 - Details

I celebrated Shoeless Sonny's birthday today with a 5 mile run after work. Although, now that Sonny has reached an age that would tend to indicate an abundance of life experience, he has concluded that running shoes are in fact appropriate when selected with caution. So, now that Sonny is wearing running shoes, with the other 99.9999% of runners, it seems like the Shoeless nickname needs to be retired.

So that leaves us with just the name Sonny, which of course is a perfectly good name, but really, it just doesn't seem fitting for a man with such an abundance of life experience. A man that has likely very recently put an AARP card in his wallet and can order the senior coffee at McDonalds. 

It seems to me that we need a concise word that describes Sonny's ah...abundance of life experience...and really, what better word than Old. So, I propose that Shoeless shall starting now and forever more be known as Old Sonny. I know, it has a nice ring to it...

So, Old Sonny and I will be racing in Chesterton, IN on 9/27/2015 at the Hero 10K. Sonny has made the bold prediction that he and I should both win our age group. I'm starting to wonder if maybe he's lost his marble.

1 comment:

jel5010 said...

Hey Allan. Old Sonny here. Thanks for the wonderful post and the new moniker. Thanks also for running 5.0 miles in my honor on my 50th birthday. I had planned to do the same thing during my run this morning but forgot thus getting the geriatric period of my life off to a fantastic start. I'm looking forward to the Chesterton run in September with you and still believe we can both dominate our age group, marble or not. :)