Saturday, September 3, 2011

Lockwood Ridge - Gulf Gate Loop by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Lockwood Ridge - Gulf Gate Loop by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

I jumped out of bed at 6 AM today, the first Saturday in September, with the promise of a new football season and a break from the oppressive August heat to look forward to. When I had my coffee poured and sat down to check the weather I was thrilled to see the temperature had plummeted to 75 degrees overnight. I had planned a new route for today's run so I set about making preparations.

As I was heading north out of the neighborhood we live in I noticed a helicopter circling overhead. It turns out this was a ambulance helicopter and as I was heading west on Clark Rd. I could see it had set down in the middle of the road just west of Beneva. Several fire trucks and sheriff's department cars were on duty which had drawn curious onlookers with cell phone cameras in hand. The helicopter lifted off just as I was approaching and I got a nice breeze from its turning blades.

This route could have headed east on either Markridge or Gulf Gate. When I got to Markridge, I thought that if I took the turn to the east, I would be back to my starting place before I hit 50 minutes which was my goal for today, so I kept going to Gulf Gate. There is a golf course in this neighborhood with a foot bridge over a lake that I may try to incorporate in a run sometime in the future.

All in all, a pretty good run that banished 612 calories in the process.

No comments: