Wednesday, October 26, 2011

4 Miles - Speedwork - 10/26/2011 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

4 Miles - Speedwork - 10/26/2011 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Well, my Smart Coach training plan from RunnersWorld.com called for Speedwork today so that is what I am calling this workout, even though I think it is somewhat of a stretch to call it speedwork. The idea was to run 4 miles total, which I did. The 4 miles were to include a warm up, 1 mile at 8:30 pace, a half mile jog, another mile at 8:30 then a cool down.

I modified it for ease of use with my GPS watch and ran a 1 mile warm up, 1 quicker mile, then another slower (comfortable) mile followed by another quicker (uncomfortable) mile. I did it this way so I could look at the splits on the Garmin training page to see how I had done. The 1st quicker mile at 8:50 was mostly heading west into the wind on Clark Road. At the 1st part of this mile I hit my best pace of 8:03 which might explain why the 2nd quicker mile (#4) was so much slower at 9:30.

The temps were in the low 80's so I really don't feel to bad about this workout. This will serve as a base speedwork workout to compare to over the next several months as I prepare for the Sunburst Half Marathon in South Bend next June.

No comments: