Sunday, October 16, 2011

Run to Red Bug Slough by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Run to Red Bug Slough by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

I was pleased to get out the door shortly after 9 AM today with the temperature hovering around 73 degrees. This could almost be considered cool for our area which was evident when I passed one of the lady walkers in the neighborhood who had added a fleece vest to her normal jog bra and running shorts for her morning walk.

I ran a new route today so be sure to look at the aerial view on the Garmin page. I have been glancing at this area while driving by for several weeks now thinking that I could fashion a good route or two that would include parts of it. As it turns out, after running the area and looking at the map, there are several variations that offer many possibilities for routes of almost any distance. I am sure I will visit Red Bug Slough again in the future.

I have updated the blog to include yesterday's event at Phillippi Shores and also changed the future events to eliminate the 10K trail run on November 6th which I do not feel ready for after taking a couple weeks off and replaced the Carmel Half Marathon with the Sunburst HM on 6/2/2012.

1 comment:

jel5010 said...

That looks like a nice run through a wooded area. Did you see any gators? Nice job!