Friday, November 11, 2011

11K Run - 11-11-2011 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

11K Run - 11-11-2011 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Today, to celebrate Veteran's Day 11-11-2011 I ran 11 Kilometers. My training schedule called for this to be an easy run and it was, even though I covered 80 miles cycling back and forth to work this week. My pace was slower than normal and my average heart rate was a little lower.

As I headed northwest along the lake at Red Bug Slough I could see a fella up ahead sitting on the ground. He had apparently been walking his dog and decided to take a break. The dog was rolling around on his back and I could see his four legs sticking up and going in every direction as he rolled around. I had studied the counties map of Red Bug Slough yesterday and figured out that I could likely get all the way up to Proctor Rd., through a gate and then continue on the sidewalk which I did.

I had intended to go downtown and run the Ringling bridge again today but changed my mind at the last minute. This route was planned kind of quickly and is mostly new areas for me. While the distance fit the bill for what I was looking for, I wasn't wild about some aspects of this route and probably wont run it again.

1 comment:

jel5010 said...

Nice run, Allan! However, I'm a little disappointed in your lack of anal retentiveness. To really make the day extra special you should have started your run at 11:11:11am. :)