Friday, December 16, 2011

Morning Tempo Run 12-16-2011 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Morning Tempo Run 12-16-2011 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

I took advantage of a half hour later starting time this morning due to a holiday function and squeezed in this weeks tempo run today before work. The training plan called for a mile warm up, 3 miles at a tempo pace of 8:48 and a mile cool down. Instead of checking my watch when running at tempo pace as I did the last time, I picked up the pace as much as I felt possible keeping in mind that I had to run 3 miles at the quicker pace and then a mile cool down to get back home.

I ran a very simple out and back from home and wore my head lamp since it was still fairly dark when I got underway. I was very pleased to see that mile #2 at 8:36 MPM was below the target pace, mile #3 was just a second over at 8:49 and mile #4 was still pretty respectable at 8:55. All in all a very good effort. Tomorrow is a very easy 2 mile day before another long day on Sunday.

1 comment:

jel5010 said...

Nice tempo run AD! And, it's Friday, so you can catch up on a little sleep in the morning.