Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Long Run 12-18-2011 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Sunday Long Run 12-18-2011 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details


I got up at 5:20 today and kind of took my time getting out the door for my long run. It was nearly 3 hours later when I finally got the run started. I find it is always a challenge to compress this leisurely preparation time down to an hour or hour and a half on event day.

The temperature was in the mid 60's when I finally got started and actually felt, as is desired, a bit cool as I headed out of the neighborhood. This week I didn't have any watch problems and ran almost the same route as last Sunday. The difference was that this week I found Markridge St. in the Gulf Gate neighborhood and used that to come back east on instead of just running a little out and back extension on Gulf Gate. I ended up having to do an extra little loop in the vicinity of Millie's restaurant once I neared home to be sure I got my target distance of 8 miles in.

Once I got the 1st couple miles in I switched to heart rate view on my watch and just tried to keep it under 135. It was really no problem for most of the run and only pushed up in the 138 or 139 range once that I know of.

1 comment:

jel5010 said...

Nice run AD!!! Nice pace! You probably would have burned me in the 5K race. :)