Friday, December 2, 2011

Thursday Tempo Run - December 1st. by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Thursday Tempo Run - December 1st. by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

My training plan called for a 4 mile tempo run for last night. I was supposed to do a 1 mile warm up, two miles at 8:45 pace and then a 1 mile cool down. Since it was getting dark by the time I got to the end of 1 mile, I fumbled with my watch about that time. The pace of the second mile was close to my target but I was really feeling it by the middle of the 3rd mile and had started slowing down. I ended this run just after the 3 mile mark.

I had nixed the bike to work this week because of ongoing fatigue and considered pushing the tempo run out a day but with a forecast for a higher temperature on Friday and thinking I wouldn't be any less fatigued on Friday I decided to give the run a go on Thursday. Tonight will be a rest night and I will add a mile to the easy run planned for Saturday morning to still get the 15 total miles for the week.

No comments: