Thursday, February 23, 2012

3 Miles after work - 2-23-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

3 Miles after work - 2-23-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Well, my legs were still a bit sore from commuting to work by bicycle yesterday, and home at the end of the day, but I got out for an easy 3 miler tonight after work because we have plans that conflict with a run after work tomorrow. I did feel a little sluggish starting out but by the end of the 1st mile I was warmed up and feeling pretty good. By the time I finished I was feeling great and happy that I got the miles in.

Last night I ordered a pair of Zensah Compression Leg Sleeves which are intended to speed blood flow to the legs and promote healing. I was talking to an ultra runner at our hotel on the weekend and she said they really help so I am going to give them a try. I am hoping that they will help me stay healthy enough to continue to train with some intensity for the Sunburst half marathon in June.

You might notice in the future events section on the right side of the page that I have added the Trout Creek 15K trail run on March 25th. This run takes place on a different trail within the same wilderness park system that the recent Flatwoods Ramble was held at. I felt Flatwoods was so well done that I decided to go back next month for another run in the same park.

Happy 1 year Blogiversary to running friend Shoeless Sonny of Carmel, In. His running blog was started 1 year ago today and mine followed less than a month later.

No comments: