Saturday, February 25, 2012

4 Mile Easy Run - Saturday - 2-25-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

4 Mile Easy Run - Saturday - 2-25-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Today's run took me back to the Celery Fields park for a cross country run just a bit over 4 miles. This is my 1st week back to running after a self imposed active rest period where my workouts were confined to the elliptical trainer in our lanai. Since Sunday's run was a hard 10 miler, I took it very easy on the other two runs this week with a mileage total for the week of 17. Also this week, I did one elliptical workout of 30 minutes and a bike to work day that totaled just under 40 miles with almost 3 hours in the saddle.

Since I got off the training plan I had been following for my active rest period, I know better that to just pick back up where I left off. I will have to emulate the Smart Coach plan from here on out based on my current level of fitness. At this point I plan to increase this weeks mileage by 1 mile per week for the next 3 weeks and then cut back mileage and intensity for a week to give the legs a break before continuing the mileage increase. I will try to throw in a tempo run or speedwork day once a week as long as my legs don't give me any problems. With my target event the 1st weekend in June, I still have 3 months to train so I think I am in pretty good shape.

While in Indianapolis, I tried a yoga class for runners once or twice and have been wanting to find something similar here. I did some searching this week and discovered that Garden of the Heart Yoga Center is literally right around the corner from Celery Fields park. Garden of the Heart has an 11 AM Foundations class on Saturday morning that fit in with my schedule so today I gave it a try. It was a very good class but it was fairly strenuous. I worked up a fairly good sweat but was pretty well dried off by the time I met Debbie at Simon's Coffee Shop for lunch at 1PM.

After lunch we walked through Staples where we stopped and looked at the new Kindle Fire and then headed home. It was nearly 2 PM when we got home and Deb's eyes were getting tired so I changed into my PJ's and helped her rest them.:) For 2 hours.:)

No comments: