Sunday, March 11, 2012

DST Butt Kickin - 3-11-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

DST Butt Kickin - 3-11-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Well, I am going to try to blame this run on the change to Daylight Savings Time. The weather may have also been a factor since it was already 70 degrees when I got out of bed at 6AM this morning. The plan was to run 11 miles but the body wasn't willing.

On Thursday of this past week I did my 1st bike to work commute on a recumbent bicycle and didn't have any of the upper body (shoulder/arm) problems that I have been experiencing on my traditional upright bikes. I did notice that the recumbent uses slightly different muscles and my legs were sore on the back instead of the front.

I did have a pretty good run yesterday morning but in the yoga class after my run I again noticed how sore and tight my legs were on the back. It also felt sore on my lower left back in the kidney area. I will continue to monitor this soreness/pain in the left kidney area and may end up at the doctor if it persists.

So, since this run turned into a little over 3.5 instead of the planned 11 it seems like a good time to throw in a cutback week. My plan now is to cut the mileage back to 16 or 17 for this week with the rest of the runs being easy to very easy.

No comments: