Sunday, March 4, 2012

Very Windy 11 Miles - 3-4-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Very Windy 11 Miles - 3-4-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

As the title indicates, it was very windy when I stepped outside this morning for my long run of the week. I didn't mind because the wind came with a cold front that pushed into the area overnight and brought cooler temperatures. This wind was so strong that at times I felt like I was running uphill and it almost seemed to be coming from all directions.

I have been using Hammer Gel for on the run fueling and have concluded that when my current supply is gone, likely in the summer, I will need to look for an alternative. The last 2 or 3 weeks, including today, when I use the Gel on long run day, I end up with G.I. distress for a couple hours after.

Mileage for the past week was a little over 18. I will increase the weekly mileage by 1 mile per week for the next 2 weeks before dropping back a couple miles for a relatively easy week the week of March 25th.

No comments: