Saturday, August 11, 2012

Saturday morning 3 miles 8-11-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Saturday morning 3 miles 8-11-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details


After about 8 weeks off, completion of a Chi Running workshop and the purchase of 2 new pair of running shoes I am back out there racking up the miles. Well, this week it was only 10 miles but I am happy to have gotten that many in. I was able to run 5 last  Sunday morning, 2 on Tuesday after work and the link shows the detail for the 3 miler this morning.

The Chi Running workshop was very informative. I think the things I came away with are the ability to recognize immediately when I am heel striking or toeing off.  I also purchased a metronome which is used to get the correct cadence. With the help of the instructors all the pieces fall together during the class which gives a taste of what can happen. Once home and on my own, its a little harder to fit everything together. This is of course where practice comes in.

For the next few months I will be trying improve my Chi Running form and get back to regular running. At this point I have 2 events scheduled later this year and may add another or so. This fall I will be setting some goals for 2013 and a half marathon in Indiana looks quite probable.

No comments: