Monday, August 20, 2012

Run - Walk - Run Sunday 8/19/2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Run - Walk - Run Sunday 8/19/2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Since my Kindle needed to be charged tonight, I thought it a good time to do a little blog maintenance. I changed a few of the colors with the hope that it will be a little easier on the eyes and also updated the total mileage for the year at the bottom. I also added another event to the future events list on the right. I have my eye on a few more events that will likely get me to the end of January 2013.  I will likely firm up a schedule in a couple weeks.

Last week was another 10 mile week where a lot of attention was paid to posture and form. I think the metronome is a huge help and that I am improving. I started this week with a very hot run yesterday morning. Details at the above link. I ended up walking for most of a mile but finished the last mile running. Next weekend I will be on the road earlier.

I have been reading Scott Jurek's Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness on my Kindle. It is an interesting format, a large part of the book discusses Scott's Vegan diet and he even shares recipes at the end of every chapter. Very notably though are his comments on posture and form. He is basically recommending Chi Running although he doesn't call it that. For those not familiar with Scott, he has a string of 7 Western States 100 wins with the number 100 being the distance, 100 miles. He also has wins at many other major ultras. 

My mileage for the year now stands at 362. That gives me a little over 4 months to run 238 miles if I am to get to my goal of 600 for the year. I guess I better stop typing and start running. 

No comments: