Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Holiday Running Streak Day #41 - 1 mile - 1-1-2013 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Holiday Running Streak Day #41 - 1 mile - 1-1-2013 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

The mile I ran shortly before lunch today was the last mile of the 2012 RunnersWorld.com holiday running streak and the 1st mile of 2013. The totals for the running streak follow.
 

2012 RunnersWorld.com Holiday Running Streak
 Count:
41 Activities

 Distance:
112.74 mi

 Time:
19:55:00 h:m:s

 Elevation Gain:
795 ft

 Avg Speed:
5.7 mph

 Avg HR:
128 bpm

 Calories:
10,625 C



So Garmin says I ran over 112 miles in the 41 days and burned 10,625 calories. Overall, I would say the holiday running streak was a success and as was the intent, it caused me to get more exercise during the holidays than I might have otherwise.

As for 2013, I've only ran 1 mile and with a new mileage goal of 700 miles for the year, I've got plenty to do.

You can see in the right sidebar that I have some future events planned. I plan to kick the year off again with the Flatwoods Ramble 10 mile in February.  The Dances with Dirt - Green Swamp is still just tentative for March. I would very much like to get to the Croom Fools Run - 16 mile trail in April. To cover that distance on trails I would need to be able to spend between 2 and a half to 3 hours running.  My weekly long runs in early March should give me an idea as to whether to try the distance or not. The last event on the schedule for now is the Eagle Creek half marathon in Indianapolis in August. After Eagle Creek I will plan for the rest of 2013.





























1 comment:

jel5010 said...

Congrats AD on completing the RW Holiday Streak! Now take a well deserved break when and heal those knees and muscles.