Friday, February 8, 2013

Ringling Bridge to Lido Pool - 2-7-2013 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Ringling Bridge to Lido Pool - 2-7-2013 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Yesterday morning I met America's Marathon Man at Riverfront Park and ran out the Ringling Causeway through St. Armand's Circle and on to the Lido pool before turning and heading back to the starting point. I was surprised how much pedestrian traffic we encountered at 7 AM during the week.

I spent this time with Jerry to learn more about Jeff Galloway's run-walk-run technique that Jerry has used in his endurance events over the years. Actually, I had a little head start since I started reading Jeff's Running until you are 100 during the past week.

Since my long term goal is to just be able to keep running and exercising to reap the many benefits, I believe that the Galloway run-walk-run will mesh well with the Chi Running program that I am continuing to practice.

Since I am away from my home turf for a couple days I may confined to a hotel dreadmill. Still, you never know, I may just find a little fresh air before the weekend is over.