Thursday, June 6, 2013

Tropical Storm Treadmill - 4 miles - 6-6-2013

Tropical Storm Treadmill - 4 miles - 6-6-2013 - Details

Since Tropical Storm Andrea was blowing through Jacksonville today when it was time for me to get out for a run I headed to the treadmill in the condo's recreation area and got 4 miles in. Normally when on a treadmill I just assume that every 10 minutes equals 1 mile since I am usually below 10:00 MPM on the road. Tonight I thought it would be fun to use the distance reported by the treadmill and "back-in" to the pace.

Treadmills are notoriously inaccurate when it comes to distance so I really don't know how far I ran. I do think I was probably slower than 10 MPM but doubt that the 13 MPM is really correct.

At any rate, I got my 3rd run in for the week and will plan on a slow and easy 3 miler on Saturday morning.  

1 comment:

jel5010 said...

Good job on getting your run in during the rain storm. I know how much you "love" treadmills so this was a nice accomplishment. I'm still a little confused about your distance calculations. How far did the treadmill say you ran?