Thursday, July 4, 2013

The Jax Bridges - 7-4-2013 - 4.25 miles - Details

The Jax Bridges - 7-4-2013 - 4.25 miles - Details

I celebrated Independence Day today with a jog on what is known here in Jacksonville as "The Bridges" route. I know I should have started a couple hours earlier but since it is a holiday, I didn't get out of bed until almost 7AM.

I parked at the YMCA downtown location and headed north on Riverside toward the Acosta Bridge.


On the Acosta Bridge I found an amateur photographer to document my journey.



After exiting the Acosta Bridge I ran past the River City Brewing Co. which was thankfully not open yet and on to the Friendship Fountain which had patriotic music playing.



In this photo of the Friendship Fountain the blue Main Street Bridge can be seen in the background which is where I was heading. After crossing the Main Street Bridge I stopped long enough to take a photo of the Andrew Jackson statue by Clark Mills in downtown Jacksonville. (one of 4 identical statues in the US)



I proceeded to the edge of The Landings development and stopped long enough to take a photo of the 2 bridges I had just crossed. The first being the Acosta and the second one the blue Main St. bridge.




Next I headed east along the riverfront and gave the River Runner statues a high five as they made their way to the west.


At the East end of the Riverwalk I could see the Stadium for the local football team which is where I took a left and headed out to Bay St.  At Bay I headed back to the Landings Development where I again connected with the Riverwalk which took me back to my car.



On this journey I wore a new pair of Drymax Lite Trail Running socks that I bought last weekend at Jacksonville Running Company. I was a little skeptical when the enthusiastic sales person told me how great they are. After this short jaunt I think these may be the most comfortable socks I have ever owned. I'm sure I will be buying more of these.

Have a safe and happy Independence Day.



 



1 comment:

jel5010 said...

Nice post and nice easy run AD! I loved the photos. The pictures of the runner statues were just screaming for a human model running along with them. Was there any way to set the camera down and use the self timer to take a shot? That would have been fun to play with.