Wednesday, June 4, 2014

National Running Day - 3 miles - Mellow Mushroom - 6-4-2014 - Details

National Running Day - 3 miles - Mellow Mushroom - 6-4-2014 - Details

Since today is National Running Day I made it a point to get over to the Mellow Mushroom this evening for a group run hosted by Jacksonville Running Company. The JRC evening group runs seem to get a larger, entirely different group of people than those normally in attendance at the Sunday morning run.  I think the promise of a free beer might have something to do with this phenomenon. Still there were a half a dozen or so people there that I know, some of which I haven't seen in a few weeks.

While I was looking forward to the run this evening, the temperature was at least 15 degrees higher than what I am used to running in. What a difference.

Since I am not used to running in the evening I really didn't do a very good job with eating. I ended up eating to much, a pretty good sized salad, to close to run time, and felt it every step of the way. Still, happy to get out and get a few miles in. Now the question is if I will get 5 to 6 miles in before work tomorrow or not. 

No comments: