Saturday, November 28, 2015

G-WIZ - Holiday Run Streak Day #3 - 4.35 miles - 11-28-2015

G-WIZ - Holiday Run Streak Day #3 - 4.35 miles - 11-28-2015 - Details

I started today's run across the street from the Hyatt at the G-WIZ science museum here in Saraspta and was going to link to their web page. When I did a little research I found that they have actually been closed for several years with the city now contemplating new uses for the land.


From the G-WIZ I crossed a little board walk over a marsh area and went right by the front door of the Van Wezel Performing Arts Center which stands out because of the choice of exterior color, PURPLE. I then followed the bay front up to 10th street which I took east to US 41 (Tamiami Trail) and then turned right or south and ran right by the lawn bowling club.


As I was trying to figure out the best way around the big construction project (a new high rise condo) on the corner or Tamiami Trail and Ringling Blvd. I ventured along the edge of the Ritz Carlton property. I came across what appeared to me to be a traditional Indian wedding. A large crowd of Indians with most of the women in colorful outfits stood along the edge of the driveway with a young woman sitting on a white horse and holding an old fashioned umbrella. Later I thought I should have ran up and taken a picture, then wondered if it would have been disrespectful.


I figured out my path would not lead me all the way to Ringling Blvd. so I doubled back and all ready the wedding party was gone. I walked around the construction project on the corner and then headed west over the Ringling Bridge for the 2nd time this weekend. This time I didn't go as far west but instead turned around and returned the way I'd come back to the Hyatt, my home base for this long weekend.


So, now that I've made it through the first 3 days of the holiday running streak I feel the momentum starting to build. Let's see how long I can make this last.



No comments: