Thursday, December 24, 2015

Searching for Santa - 4.5 miles - 12-24-2015 - Details

Searching for Santa - 4.5 miles - 12-24-2015 - Details

I headed to Jax beach this morning on a hunch that Santa had arrived in the Jacksonville area early and that I just might cross paths with him if I got out and about a bit. When I ventured out to the sand I noticed these birds all looking to the south so, logically, I headed south on the sand.


Many people were out this morning, likely with the same hunch as mine, walking along the beach, I suspect searching for the man in the red suit.


As I headed south I wished all a happy holiday while I scanned the horizon in search of you know who. It was so foggy this morning that I couldn't see the pier until I was about 50 or so feet from it. Then as I went under the pier the fog seemed to clear and what did I see, you guessed it.........


As the man in the red suit waded in to the surf I realized that maybe he was done on his visit to Jacksonville and that my gift was actually the opportunity to spend this morning running on the beach and enjoying nature. Maybe my gift was this moment, my friends and family, this breath and all that I have to be thankful for ......

Peace and Love.......








No comments: