Sunday, October 30, 2011

Red Bug Slough to Lockwood Ridge Loop de Loop by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Red Bug Slough to Lockwood Ridge Loop de Loop by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Well, today I ran a repeat of last Sunday's run without the tumble at Red Bug Slough. I do believe my route through the park was a little different than last week because this week I encountered a dog walker with his mutts off their leashes so I think I missed a turn due to keeping a close eye on the 4 legged beasts. Still nice. I was extra careful running the cross country sections and believe I spotted the branch that I stumbled on last week.

I continued to tinker with during the run fueling this week. My calorie consumption prior to the run was roughly 320. During the run I had an FRS energy chew, and FRS energy powder in my water bottle. This week, at about the 45 minute mark, I consumed a Hammer Nutrition gel pack instead of the prune that I tried last week. During the run calories totaled 115 and it seems the gel pack gave a much more significant boost than the prune last week. I think I will continue to use the gel packs on long run days.

So today's run ended up being a little longer than last Sundays. Average pace went from 10:38 last week to 10:25 this week and average heart rate went from 132 last week to 135 this week.

1 comment:

jel5010 said...

Dogs! A runners worst enemy. I give them a wide berth even when they're leashed.

Nice 8 miler, AD! You rock! You're inspiring me to get back on the trail.