Sunday, November 27, 2011

Allan's Turkey Trot by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Allan's Turkey Trot by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

I was very pleased to be able to stage my own Turkey Trot this Thanksgiving in Cozumel, Mexico. I knew it would be hotter than the recent temps in Sarasota so I was up early and ready to go as soon as Mexican customs would allow. When the captain announced that the boat was clear and the high in Cozumel was forecast for 81 that day I felt we had gotten a bit of a reprieve from really hot weather. I soon found out that even early, the sun was already high overhead and already baking hot. I was shooting for 6 miles. I walked a bit after 3.5 and then finished out with just over 5.5. The Cozumel triathlon is the weekend after Thanksgiving and there were several runners and cyclists out getting some light training.

1 comment:

jel5010 said...

Nice trot, turkey! I see the pace over your last couple of miles does indeed reflect the heat. Heat currently isn't an issue here in Indiana right now. :)