Monday, December 26, 2011

2 Easy Miles 12-26-2011 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

2 Easy Miles 12-26-2011 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Since today is a day off of work for me, I wanted to get one of the weeks runs out of the way. I briefly considered doing the 5 mile tempo workout so I wouldn't have to do it in the dark one night after work. I concluded pretty quickly that since I did my long run for the week yesterday it would make more sense to get one of the easy 2 milers out of the way today and save the tempo workout for when more rested. Once I started running I was happy with my decision because I still felt the remnants from yesterday's hard workout.

This was just a nice little 2 mile loop in the neighborhood that I have ran many times before. The only notable thing about the course is that while I was out running, Deb was using the computer with the Garmin Ant stick plugged in. She said the little mouse ears icon was flashing from black to gray and a message said transferring data. This has me wondering about the range of the Garmin 410 and if the run data was actually transferring to Garmin Connect while I was running.

I did wear my new RRS Super Fly 5" shorts that were delivered by Santa yesterday. They were very comfortable and I was happy to have the 2 zippered front pockets which is the thing that drew me to these shorts. Apparently the folks at RRS have figured out how desirable these zippered pockets are because I see that they have a new Laser Lite 5" short coming out in January that has 2 front pockets and 1 rear pocket, all with zippers. I may need a pair of these in Steel/Green Jolt by the time my birthday rolls around in June.

Also of note, I began tracking my max HR in addition to my average HR about 3 runs ago. The max HR of 128 on this run is quite a bit lower than other runs recently.

No comments: