Sunday, January 29, 2012

5 Easy Miles - 1-29-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

5 Easy Miles - 1-29-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

As I was getting ready to take off on today's run, when my watch was locating the GPS satellites, the screen went blank meaning it needed to be charged. I cussed and briefly considered running without. Luckily the weather was cool enough that I could plug it into the charger and wait an hour. I used the hour to get caught up on bill paying. Always a fun task.

This is a week that the mileage cuts back and is intended to give the legs a break. All runs are supposed to be easy so I used my watch's virtual partner feature to keep me from over doing it. Thanks to my virtual partner, I was able to keep the pace right at 10 minutes per mile. I also explored a new route through Red Bug Slough that I had been wanting to check out.

I added a new feature to the bottom of the blog. If you scroll all the way to the bottom, there is now a ticker that will show progress made toward my goal of running 600 miles for 2012. Granted, it is a goal that should be easy to hit if I can manage to stay healthy.

No comments: