Sunday, January 22, 2012

A "cool" 10 miles - 1-22-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

A "cool" 10 miles - 1-22-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

The thermometer said 60.8 degrees when I headed out the door this morning. It did in fact feel a little cool as I went through my pre-run ritual and for maybe the 1st mile of running. When I got back home an hour and 40 minutes later the temperature reading had only moved up to 63.3. This was the same 10 mile route I ran the last 2 weekends. Today, the battery on my MP3 player stopped just short of the 5 mile mark so the last half was completed without the musical diversion I have become accustomed to. The last 2 miles were pretty tough today, partly because I took my new Sun EZ Sport for an hour ride yesterday, but I was able to keep the negative self talk at bay and get the run completed.


I picked up the used EZ Sport last weekend. The EZ Sport is the recumbent that is considered the best starter when making the change to a recumbent. It is a 1 size fits all bike that is fairly easy to learn to ride. I found this 4 year old bike on our local Craig's List and was able to pick it up for 25% of the new price 4 years ago.

I think on this run that I used a little more of the Hammer Jel than I have in the past. I experienced a little GI distress about the time I entered Red Bug Slough which could have been a result of the Gel. I walked it off in about 15 steps and got right back underway.  If this happens in the future I will have to be careful to limit my Gel consumption.

I did make more progress again this morning getting the iPod set up. Hopefully by my long run next week I will be able to put it into use.  I am looking forward to the song shuffle feature and of course Lou Bega's Mambo No. 5. Enjoy.:)










No comments: