Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Not much Tempo - 6 miles - 1-25-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Not much Tempo - 6 miles - 1-25-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Tonight's Tempo run is in the books even though it was missing most of the desired Tempo. The total distance was 6 miles with the target pace for miles 2 through 5 being 8:43. I held it together pretty well through the 3rd mile but after that things went to heck pretty fast.

After my long run on Sunday I did a leg workout at home that consisted of some leg lifts with ankle weights and then lunges. I haven't been getting my workouts in and I knew that my legs would be sore when I got started again. I was hoping to get a similar workout in mid-week consisting of the same leg lifts and then split squats. After tonight's run I got the leg lifts done but my legs were just to sore to do the split squats. I am hoping that if I keep this routine up I will be able to get both workouts in during future weeks.

Deb and I went to the Gold Rush BBQ in Venice for lunch today. We each had a bowl of their chili with cheese and onions and I added a toss salad. The chili features some pulled beef and pork and was quite a meal. It was kind of a heavy lunch a few hours before a 6 mile run and I could feel a "rumble in the jungle" for a while after finishing my run.

Well, I have 2 easy runs left for this week. Next week, my mileage drops back to 17 and is all easy runs to kind of give my legs a break after 3 tougher weeks.

No comments: