Monday, January 2, 2012

First Run of 2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

First Run of 2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Today was the my first run of 2012 and since I had the day off I decided to go downtown and run out the Ringling bridge to St. Armand's circle again. This is a very cool route with a great view and lots of people. The wind was out of the east again so I had a huge tail wind as I crossed the bridge heading west. After the turn at St. Armand's of course this turned into a huge head wind heading east. Going up the bridge, into the wind, is a challenge but it forces you to be patient and just keep putting one foot in front of the other. Before you know it you are at the crest and then you are going downhill, into the wind.:)

This is kind of a rest week where the training plan calls for me to cut back my mileage to 15 on all easy runs. I am going to try to be a little more aggressive with the rest. Today's run will be my only actual run of the week. The rest of my training will be on the cross trainer with 10 minutes equaling 1 mile. I would like to hold my total "mileage" for the week to 10 or 12.

1 comment:

jel5010 said...

Nice run to ring in the new year, AD!