Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sunday Long Run - 4-29-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Sunday Long Run - 4-29-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

When I went to bed last night, my knees were sore enough that I was considering cutting the distance of today's run back to 5 or 6 miles. When I got up this morning, the knees felt good enough that I thought it quite possible I would be able to go the 9 miles originally planned for today.

I was up at 5 AM this morning to prepare for today's run.  Even though I had all my gear laid out, preparations  took longer than desired and I didn't start running until after 7 AM. Luckily, it was overcast for the entire run.

I decided to skip the cross country section of Red Bug Slough because while I believe it to be quite beneficial to leg strength and balance,  I don't want to risk an injury this close to my target event. Near the north end of this park, there is a condo project with buildings on both sides of the lake and it has a small foot bridge that I have been using to cut east to Beneva Rd. I know the sign says "Private Property" but I have always believed that was intended to keep out undesirables. Hardly a category I would fit into.  When I got to the foot bridge today I found they had erected a large metal gate, with a LOCK. I had to turn around and run south on Lockwood Ridge and cut through the south end of the park.

For this week I am shooting for 15 to 17 miles and plan to run short on Tuesday, Friday and Saturday morning. Then hopefully I can have a couple good weeks before a taper to the Sunburst on June 2nd in South Bend.

No comments: