Saturday, April 28, 2012

Surprise Route Saturday and weekly summary - 4-27-2012

Surprise Route Saturday - 4-27-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

Since I stated in my post last Tuesday that I would be going to Celery Fields park this morning for a cross country run, I decided to give my legs a little surprise and instead went south to the Venice Train Depot where I was able to run 2 laps on a 3 mile loop that included the pedestrian overpass over US 41 and 2 drawbridges on each loop. The closest thing to a hill workout in this part of the country.

The pedestrian overpass is really quite interesting. The grade is such that it couldn't be a nice simple climb and descent.  The design required kind of a step up and then step down. On the climb the trail goes up a bit and then levels out before going up a bit more. There are actually 4 or 5 climbs and then descents on the overpass.

My Friday run before work was a little over 2 miles. I had to estimate the mileage because my Garmin watch reported a route that was not correct which I find kind of troubling.  The total for the week ended up at 21.24 miles.

I had been planning on having a cutback week next week and cutting the mileage back to 17 or 18 and doing all easy runs to give the legs a break. Since I am feeling some inflammation in my knees tonight, I may cut the mileage back even farther, to say 14 or 15 before the final push to the Sunburst half marathon 5 weeks from today.

No comments: