Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Cross Trainer Hell - Day #26 - 30 Minutes

Untitled by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

An upper respiratory infection that started this past Friday evening turned into 5 days without any exercise. I intended to get back at it yesterday and, well, one thing led to another ................

Today I was back at it with the Carl Sandburg stretches and 30 minutes on the cross trainer. Not much of a workout but better than nothing. I certainly do feel better having it completed. I thought I had GPS turned off on my watch and apparently did not, hence, the goofy looking map along with the data for today's workout.

My pre exercise snack consisted of a couple plums. After, I made perhaps my best green smoothie to date. This one consisted of an apple, pear and frozen pineapple chunks. Next came 2 big wads of kale along with a scoop of plant based protein powder and a cap full of vanilla. Yum, the flavor of the pear really came through.

This being Cross Trainer Hell day #26 the end of this torture is finally in sight.  I will be on the cross trainer the next 2 days, have a bike ride planned for Saturday and will finish out my 30 days of cross trainer hell on Sunday. I will then have just 12 days of running before the Phillippi Shores 7K on October 13th. 

No comments: