Tuesday, November 6, 2012

3 Miles - 11-6-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

3 Miles - 11-6-2012 by addickens at Garmin Connect - Details

I thought about some witty little election day title for today's run but in the end settled on a very basic description instead.  I ran without my iPod this morning and just had the beep, beep, beep of my metronome for most of the run. For part of the run I turned the metronome off and just had the random thoughts floating between my ears.

I thought the sky looked a little dark when I got underway and sure enough heard some thunder in the distance during the first quarter mile. The sky did open up and provide a slight cooling rain for the last mile or so which was very welcome.

Since my run last Thursday, November 1st, that included the loss of a sock I've had some comments from those close to me. These comments have ranged from "maybe you should carry an extra pair of socks with you" all the way to "maybe you should carry a roll of toilet paper with you". Now I know those close to me that are making these comments mean well, however, can you see me running down the road carrying a roll of toilet paper? I hope not!!!

Still, I have taken these comments to heart and purchased an amphipod Micropack Satellite which has a snap system to clip it to the waistband of shorts to add a little carrying space.

We have a very busy week but I am going to try to get out 2 more times this week and hit 19 miles for the week. I think it should be doable. OK, gotta run. Hopefully you will hear from me again tomorrow.



No comments: