Sunday, September 29, 2013

JRC - Group Run - 6 miles - 9-29-2013 - Details

JRC - Group Run - 6 miles - 9-29-2013 - Details

I got to the JRC group run this morning just as the rain was subsiding and got in 2 of the 3 mile loops around the store. So while I state that my distance for the day was 6 miles, the detail sheet for today's run only states 5.5 miles. That is because I held the entire group up trying to get my watch to connect with the satellites. When I finally got under way, I forgot to start the timer until the half mile mark.  

I did run 3 times last week for a total of 13.8 miles. This week I have the Marine Corps Half Marathon on Saturday so my total will be well above that. At the MCHM I am just planning on taking my time so as to enjoy the event and not end up injured. Sound familiar?

I did pick up a Gym Boss interval timer this morning. This is the gadget that is commonly used as a timer for the intervals of running and walking as prescribed by the Galloway program. I will try to figure it out during the week so I can use it on Saturday.

I will be wearing my new HOKA ONE ONE's for the event. I have run in them twice now and think I am going to like them. 13.1 miles should be a good break in run.

So, until then.......

No comments: