Sunday, October 13, 2013

JRC Group Run - 8.7 miles - 10-13-2013 - Details

JRC Group Run - 8.7 miles - 10-13-2013 - Details

I was quite ready to go to the JRC group run this morning since I didn't run last Sunday after the Marine Corps Half Marathon on Saturday. Also, since I have surgery scheduled for this coming Tuesday, this will be my last run for at least a couple weeks. The group was kind of small today since a few were in Chicago for the marathon and a few others were at a local tri.

One of the regulars was back from a trip to Sedona, AZ that involved a lot of hiking but little running so she was well rested and ready to run. We also had a young lady there for the first time looking to get her last long run in before a half marathon in North Carolina next week.

This was about my 4th run in the Hoka One One's and I finally got the lacing system adjusted right.

Several of us headed toward the cow tunnel out by St. John's Town Center and took the Burnt Mill route after going through the tunnel which is essentially the long way back. I think we were all feeling pretty good and got back to the store just a little shy of 9 miles. I decided I had done enough for the day while the two ladies refilled water bottles so they could head back out for another 3 miles.   

1 comment:

jel5010 said...

Way to go! Glad you got in this nice run prior to your surgery. How about a picture of you and your Hokas sometime?