Thursday, October 31, 2013

YMCA Treadmill - 3 miles - 10-30-2013 - Details

YMCA Treadmill - 3 miles - 10-30-2013 - Details

 Tuesday of this week was exactly 2 weeks since my prostrate surgery. I had been able get my doctor to agree that I could return to exercise after 2 weeks (he started out at 4 weeks) with the understanding that if I saw blood in my urine, I would realize that I had pushed to hard.

I was able to get to the YMCA a few minutes before 6 AM on Wednesday and since I was early thought I could go ahead and run 3 miles easy instead of the 2 that I had planned on.

With the emphasis was on easy, I was very careful not to push, I kept the pace nice and slow. Look at the details page, you will see that my average heart rate for 3 miles was 96 BPM. Boy did it feel good to get those endorphins cooking again after 2 weeks.

Well, it totally hit me by surprise, when I went to the bathroom at work after my first cup of coffee, my urine looked like pink lemonade. I was really PO'd yesterday because I know what I need to do, I just don't want to do it. Today I am acting a little more like an adult and have committed to taking another 2 weeks off.

I did find out that there is a yoga class at 6 AM on a couple mornings each week so when I start back, maybe it will be with yoga. So you won't hear any more out of me until the middle of November.


No comments: