Sunday, November 10, 2013

JRC Group Run - 3 Miles - 11-10-2013 - Details

JRC Group Run - 3 Miles - 11-10-2013 - Details

I thought about skipping the group run this morning but the idea had no appeal. Even after a 5K with no serious problems yesterday I knew that I should still be cautious as I get back at it. I told the group I was only going to run 3 miles and that it would be at 12 MPM pace or slower. One of the ladies said that was similar to her plan so she and I went to the back of the pack.

When I saw a large bandage on this women's knee I asked her what had happened. Turns out she had fallen the day before during the 1st mile of an 18 mile run. Yes, she finished the 18 miles with blood running down her leg. Next I found out that she had arrived at JRC early enough this morning to have already completed 3 miles. By this time I was feeling like a major slacker.

Still, when I got home, went to the bathroom and saw normal colored urine, I was happy I had exercised an abundance of caution. I know now that I am back and can ease into my routine gradually over the next month or so. 

No comments: