Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Little Guy 6 Mile Birthday Run - 12-25-2013 - Details

Little Guy 6 Mile Birthday Run - 12-25-2013 - Details

I decided to go for a 6 mile run to celebrate the Little Guy's (Georgie B.) birthday this morning since I was on my way to his house to drop off Christmas dinner. He had opted out of celebrating the holiday with his family due to the arrival of a flu bug.

The Julington-Durbin preserve was kind of on the way to his house and it was an excuse for me to explore the 6 mile loop which was something I had been itching to do.  I got to the preserve before 8 AM while it was still quite cool. Not long after taking off I realized that I had made the mistake of not telling the Mrs. exactly where I was going since I would be alone.

Well, this 6 mile run turned into nearly 9 and a half miles since I believe the trail map was seriously flawed.  When the Mrs. asked if I had been lost I calmly explained that I had just taken a detour, or two. The beauty of GPS is that after my run I can look at where I actually ran to figure out where in the hell I was. The curse of GPS is that anyone else looking at the details can see that I was .........well, lost.

Well, no harm, no foul. I delivered Christmas dinner and birthday cake to GEB before 10AM and then headed home. Wishing all a happy holiday as I head to the shower.


1 comment:

jel5010 said...

Way to go Allan! That was a helluva run. Glad you made it back safely. I noticed the temperature was in the low 40s. Hope you were dressed appropriately and didn't freeze your tookus off.