Sunday, May 4, 2014

JRC - Group Run - 8 miles - 5-4-2014 - Details

JRC - Group Run - 8 miles - 5-4-2014 - Details


It's been a couple weeks since I have posted to this blog but I have been out running just the same. Since my last post I found out that I have been accepted into the Bank of America Chicago Marathon on October 12, 2014. It will be my first marathon in nearly 30 years so while I am excited to be running in Chicago, I know I have a lot of work to do between now and then.


Over the last couple of days I have been looking at the photo in the upper left corner of this blog and reminiscing about that run in St. Louis nearly 31 years ago. I think that photo was taken somewhere just past the 10 mile mark and it seems to me that I ran almost effortlessly until about mile 23. Hopefully my training for Chicago will be sufficient to produce similar memories of the run on October 12th of this year.


Unlike last Sunday, we had comfortable temps in the mid 50's this morning for the group run. I was running with a lady that is heading to New York for a half marathon in a couple weeks. I thought I'd shoot for 9 miles but since she was happy with 8 I figured it was good enough for me. I will try to make up the difference during the week.


Since I didn't do a summary for April I will report it now. Through April I have 249.63 miles completed. Year to date the total miles stands at 262.74. With marathon training just starting I will have no problem getting to the goal of 700 miles as long as I stay injury free.


I started a 23 week training plan for Chicago today that I am still working on. I used a 16 week plan as a basis that I am extending to 23 weeks so I can increase mileage slower and take a little time off for recovery along the way if needed.


Hope all y'all are well. (I recently learned the plural of y'all) I'll check back in soon.

No comments: